I originally began shooting back in high school in St.Louis, Missouri during the late 1980’s. After building my portfolio over the past decade photographing the upper Midwest, I returned to the St.Louis area seeking to put my best work on display while working to serve photographic & design needs with the founding of Markus Design Works.
See more of my photography on the Photography of Mark Polege website. Enjoy!
So what makes Markus Design Works different?
We tackle each project with the same ambition of providing our clients with the most cutting-edge design style research can find. We couple that with the latest in functionality and web style out there. In designing and building your website, our process reads like this:
- Research the latest web design trends – We start by researching the latest web design styles for your industry on some of the most popular Best-Of websites. Styles of websites come and go, so in order to get the best ‘bang-for-your-buck’ we work to build you a website with the longest staying power possible. If you look good, we look good.
- Organize your webpages for better usability – Some websites tend to grow out of control, especially when multiple people have access. In this growth, hierarchical order can sometimes get lost, making it harder for your visitors to quickly find the information they seek. That is where we come in. We take a fresh look at the pages you have and analyze ways to consolidate or better organize your content so you can convey your message fast and concise.
- Provide stunning graphics & functionality – Whether it is stock photos or (for our local clients) stunning photography, we work to provide you with the best images possible to promote your website.
- Program & customize your website to fit with your style – Whether we are designing a personal blog or a corporate website, we want your website to fit your style or other marketing materials. With that goal in mind, we study each and every graphical element to make sure it is not just a website but is an extension that provides a cohesive message for all your promotional efforts.
- Integrate your website to take full advantage of social media like Facebook & Twitter – Social media has exploded from a youthful toy to a legitimate marketing tool. With social media tools integrated into your website, you can quickly inform potential visitors or customers of the latest news or information on your website to help draw more traffic, in most cases free of charge.
- Program your website with state-of-the-art visitor tracking – Today there are many ways to track your website visitors’ information in order to help better gauge the popularity of an ad campaign or some other advertising. Knowing how most people are finding your website can prove to be quite valuable, however, no one solution works for everyone. Some prefer very basic visitor information, where others like in depth and comprehensive visitor data which tracks visitor locations, monitor size, operating system, etc. We help you navigate, or even learn, the best solutions for you.
The Perfect Match of Photography & Design
Many ad agencies outsource photographers to bring them unique & customized photos for use in their client’s websites & print material. This is very helpful when typical stock photography doesn’t quite fit the bill, but this can be an expensive solution. As part of the services provided at Markus Design Works, we bring you stellar photographic images captured especially for you & your project. Why risk your project to anything less. To learn more check out our Portfolio. To see more photography visit my new website at: PhotographyofMarkPolege.com.
- Artistic Photographer (1998 – Present)
- Self Employed @ Markus Design Works (2005 – Present)
- Lead Web Designer @ Response Targeted Marketing (2013 – 2014)
- Online Ad Designer/Photographer, Edwardsville Intelligencer (2010 – 2013)
- Event & Travel Photographer, YTB Inc. (2007 – 2008)
- Photo Editor, Belleville News-Democrat (2005 – 2006)
- Freelance Photographer’s Assistant (2000 – 2001)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree Cum Laude (2005)
- Associate Degree Business Management (2004)